Landscape design can be described as the analysis, framing, and design of exterior living spaces. Landscape design today integrates a wide range of elements to achieve functional spaces for outdoor living. Professional landscape designers offer a wide range of plans and design services favoring a spectrum of client needs. By looking at the services of a landscape designer, outstanding design solutions can be developed while avoiding costly mistakes and unnecessary confusion.
A well-executed landscape design increases not only the enjoyment of a home but the actual square footage of valuable usable space. With comprehensive planning and professional installation, outdoor living areas can be an excellent investment. Studies have shown the thoughtfully developed outdoor spaces can increase the value of a home up to twenty percent.
Perhaps you want a haven for wildlife, and engaging play area for children, exciting and functional outdoor rooms and environment areas, or simply a serene and shady nook for quiet garden enjoyment. A professional landscape designer who pursued degree from a reputed design college can help bring your garden dreams to fruition while keeping a close eye on practical considerations such as budget, site analysis, and choosing the appropriate plants.
The landscape designer carries the responsibility to work with each client to create a personal and customized design that is best suited to their home, lifestyle, and unique set of wants and needs. They provide guidance, an artistic touch, and a comprehensive plan of action while keeping the clients best interest at heart.
landscape design- overview
A professional landscape designer:
- Analyses the property from an architectural, environmental, horticultural, and artistic viewpoint and uses these to create a master plan that is customized for the site.
- Develops site-specific solutions to the problems and opportunities of the site using education, experience, imagination, talent, and creativity.
- It provides the outdoor space and a sense of style that will be the heart of the design.
- Helps choose the most appropriate design elements, materials, and plants for the site.
- Works within a budget, and provides advice on how the landscape plan might be installed in stages if needed.
- Helps avoid costly mistakes by providing a clear direction in which to proceed
- Brings a network of industry professionals to help ensure the immediate and ongoing success of the project
- Acts as an independent advocate for the client throughout the process.
A landscape designer transitions dream into reality with design education, advanced horticultural knowledge, graphic and drafting skills, and hands-on experience. Once the client’s ideas and priorities are taken, the designer creates a plan that allows others to visualize the new landscape and provides clear instructions for the contractor
Landscape design is uniquely concerned with direct relations among art, science, and nature. It operates exactly at the frontier between people and nature, developing transitional connecting zones between the outside limits of buildings and engineering structures and the natural forms and processes that surround them.